You Could be Working in a Factory, at a
Desk in an Office, or Out in the Field,
Regardless You Could Be Hurt On the Job
The process of recovering workers’ compensation benefits can be time-consuming and frustrating, but an experienced workers’ compensation attorney could make it easier for you.
What Does a Workers’ Compensation Attorney Do?
Our attorneys at NPN LAW help workers who were injured on the job and were denied their workers comp claims. Using our experience advocating for workers, we help them navigate the process of trying to recover the money they might rightfully be owed.
Our attorneys handle on-the-job injury claims involving, but not limited to, the following:
- Muscular injuries, broken bones, torn ligaments, torn rotator cuffs, and herniated disks from lifting, pushing, or other actions.
- Sickness from exposure to toxins, including occupational diseases like mesothelioma or Black Lung.
- Head injuries like concussions or traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) from falling objects or falls.
- Tendonitis or other repetitive motion injuries.
- Construction accidents.
- Hearing loss or damage.
- Cold and heat stress or burn injuries from accidents like electrocution.
- Assorted injuries to the back, spinal cord, shoulder, eyes, knees, neck, hip, respiratory organs, ankles, wrists, feet, and hands. And
- Third-party claims: Although workers’ compensation is typically no-fault, employees injured on-the-job by products or machinery could sue the manufacturer of those items to obtain compensation in court (in addition to their filing a standard workers’ compensation claim).
These injuries may be the result of unavoidable accidents, dangerous working environments, inadequate training, or faulty machinery. Under workers’ compensation, however, employees are not required to prove the reason that their injury occurred, as workers’ compensation is a no-fault system that compensates injured workers without regard to negligence or fault.
Workers’ Compensation Claims Eligibility and Filing
The majority of unintentional injuries, diseases, illnesses, accidents, and deaths occurring in the workplace are covered by workers’ compensation laws. Importantly, because workers’ compensation is a no-fault system, workers are not required to prove fault for their injuries to recover benefits.
When first reporting the accident, the injured worker should provide specific details, such as:
- Names of witnesses;
- Location of accident;
- Cause of accident; and
- Time and date of the accident and injury.
At NPN Law, we investigate all work injuries for other potential avenues of recovery for the client including exceptions which may provide the employee the right to file a lawsuit for injuries suffered rather than being limited to only the worker’s compensation recovery.
Hear From Our Recent Clients
They are so amazing & when they say they win all their cases they really do. I continue to refer clients to them they are really excellent attorneys. They know their stuff. I will continue to promote them they are the best.
I want to thank Annie Lee and Tanner for all their support through this emotional roller coaster! They were there for me and my family in our time of need! They explained the situation step by step, guided us through everything! I didn’t have to go to their offices!! They fought for us and won!!. Thank you guys sooo much
When I was involved in an accident they were there for me since day one . What I liked the most is that they came to me and had a great attitude.
I would highly recommend them Thank you guys for everything.
A few years ago myself and our senior citizen group were at the mercy of the Bldg management company of the place we called home ...We asked the kind folks at Nielsen, Peterson and Neilson to sit with us and hear our story...We presented our experiences, photos, documents, and other evidence and asked if they would handle our case if there was a case....They said yes and on that day the Angels sang for the senior citizens of our Bldg....The law firm of NPN were kind, compassionate, HONEST, Professional and very accessible to us...We heard from them on a regular basis and were NEVER left in the dark.....If you are having landlord issues and feel helpless these folks might be able to help